July 25, 2009
Found something to add to my “Road Warriors” series of user training. Wisebread has a post on How to Get Free Wi-Fi at Airports that Charge for Internet Connections.
If you’re stuck at an airport that charges for Internet connections, here’s a solution: Go to the gift shop and ask for a a free Wi-Fi pass.
June 8, 2009
I’m working on our information security awareness training program, which will include Laptop Security for our road warriors. This is a brief collection of laptop security tips I’ve gathered for this purpose… let me know if you have any to add.
- Lock down your laptop with a security cable
- Use a laptop safe / locked briefcase to travel or store
- Use laptop motion sensors and alarm softeare
- Keep the laptop out of site, locked or in its bag
- Keep the laptop close at hand
- Keep an eye on the laptop
- Choose an inconspicious laptop bag – a school bag, backpack, padded briefcase or suitcase
- Protect your password, and choose your password wisely
- Store a minimal amount of data on the laptop
- Encrypt your data
- Use a screen guard / privacy screen